Tuesday, March 3, 2009

EaSiEsT ApPlE pIe EvEr!

Ok. So I was craving apple pie today! It was 32 degrees all day! And I've been under the weather.. I didn't even step out of the house.. Who doesn't crave apple pie on such a cold, stay in doors kinda day? I came up with a concoction in my desperation for this beloved treat! It's a perfect 1 serving pie! I used a small round 16ounce corningware dish.. I had a box of 2 premade pie crusts in the fridge.. the really flakey ones!! Well I used 1 roll. cut it in half. And made 2 balls. Rolled them out. Put one rolled pie crust inside the dish to create the base of the pie. placed just the bottom pie crust alone in the oven for 10 minutes to make it crispy yum! Well this was in the oven. Cut up one regular sized gala apple. Skin on and all. Added about 1 tbs of cinnamon 2 tbs of sugar.. Mixed all in with diced apples.. added to the pie crust from the oven. placed the pie crust topping on. Made the little slices on the top to vent.. Stuck it in the oven @ 375 for 45minutes....
It's divine!! Forget the Martha Stewart Recipe.. this baby rocks!!!!!

1 comment:

kim•ber•ly said...

I can envision the pie because it sounds yum-o. Its not cold here, but I don't think we should limit the comfort of apple pie to just cold weather. But that's just me.